General Terms and Conditions
Scope and Provider
- These general terms and conditions apply to all orders that you place in the online shop of the openHPI education platform (hereinafter: openHPI shop). The legal entity of openHPI and therefore your contractual partner is:
Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering gGmbH
With the purchase you accept these terms and conditions as decisive for the contractual relationship.
- Deviations from these conditions only apply if this was expressly agreed in writing prior to the conclusion of the contract.
- You are obliged to refrain from any disruption of our website or further use of the accessible data outside of the use intended within the platform. Manipulation with the aim of obtaining unauthorized payments or other advantages to the disadvantage of us or our partners can lead, in addition to legal consequences, in particular to loss of access.
Conclusion of the Contract
- When entering your personal data, which is required for registration in the openHPI shop, you are responsible for ensuring that it is truthful and complete. You are obliged to treat your personal access data confidentially and not to make it accessible to unauthorized third parties.
- By clicking the "Buy" button and entering the payment information, a legally binding contract is concluded.
- The order can only be placed and transmitted if you have confirmed that you have read the General Terms and Conditions and the Data Protection Declaration and agreed to them. The terms and conditions can be read at any time via the browser, printed out or saved on the local computer.
- You must also give your express consent if you wish the execution of the contract to begin before the cancellation period has expired and you must confirm that you are aware that you will lose your right of cancellation from the beginning of the execution of the contract. Otherwise, HPI will only commission the setup process from its technology partner after the cancellation period has expired.
- The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day on which you concluded the purchase contract. In order to execute your right of cancellation, you must inform us,
Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering gGmbH
by sending a clear declaration (as email) of your decision to cancel this contract. You can use the attached cancellation template for this purpose, but this is not mandatory. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your notification of executing your right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Download Template Cancellation Form
- Payment is only possible via the payment systems offered. The HPI reserves the right to exclude certain types of payment in individual cases.
- The price applies that is listed on the website at the time of booking.
- The voucher offers are only activated after receipt of full payment.
- When booking a Certificate, your exclusive contractual partner is the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering gGmbH, Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3, 14482 Potsdam.
- When entering your personal data required for registration on openHPI, you are responsible for ensuring that it is true and complete. You are obliged to treat your personal access data confidentially and not to make it accessible to unauthorized third parties.
- By clicking the "Book a Certificate" button and entering the payment information, a legally binding contract is concluded.
- The Certificate will only be activated after full payment has been received.
- Payment is only possible via our integrated payment systems.
- The price listed on the website at the time of booking applies.
- Booking a Certificate entitles you to participate in the face recognition process during the assessed exams in the respective Massive Open Online course on openHPI.
- Registration for a Certificate must take place no later than after the first assessed assignment of the course. This is usually within the second week of the course. If the deadline for submitting the second homework assignment has passed, registration for the supervised examination is no longer possible.
- The setup process at our technology partner can take approx. 48 hours. During this time, no graded tasks and exams can be taken in the course. It is the responsibility of the participant to meet deadlines for exams and to book the Certificate on time in order to be able to take all graded exams in the course.
- As long as our technology partner has not yet incurred any costs as a result of the successful completion of the calibration, you have the right to cancel from this contract within fourteen days without giving any reasons. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the date on which you or a third party named by you booked a Certificate and entered the payment information.
Prohibition of reproduction, duplication, resale and manipulation of online vouchers.
- The reproduction, duplication and manipulation as well as the resale of online vouchers is not permitted.
- In the event that copies of an online voucher emerge, the HPI reserves the right to refuse the owners of the copies or the owner of the unauthorized duplicated online voucher to participate in the course. Furthermore, the HPI reserves the right to demand payment of the total value of the duplicated online vouchers as well as compensation for any damage (including financial loss and / or costs of legal defense or prosecution) from the customer whose online voucher was unauthorized due to his fault. HPI is not responsible for any inconvenience and / or damage caused by the unauthorized reproduction or misuse of this online voucher.
- For consumers, the law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies with the exception of those provisions of international private law that would lead to the application of other than German law. This does not apply if special consumer protection regulations in the customer's home country are more favorable (Art. 29 EGBGB). For entrepreneurs, the law of the Federal Republic of Germany in sense of sentence 1; the validity of the UN sales law is not valid.
- In the case of merchants, legal entities under public law or public law special funds, the seat of HPI is agreed as the venue of jurisdiction for all claims arising from or on the basis of this contract. The same applies to persons who do not have a general place of jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Germany or persons who have moved their domicile or habitual abode outside of the Federal Republic of Germany after conclusion of this contract or whose domicile or habitual abode is not known at the time the action is brought.
- If individual provisions of the contract with the customer, including these General Terms and Conditions, are or become ineffective in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The completely or partially ineffective regulation is to be replaced by one that comes as close as possible to the economic purpose of the ineffective regulation in a legally permissible manner. The same applies to filling in any gaps in the contract.